First Smart City Project of India
Atal Nagar Vikas Pradhikaran has laid the foundation of the first smart city project of India by the name of ATAL NAGAR .
In addition to smart lighting and BRTS, it also supports extensive afforestation.
A clean residential hub along with exponential economic, financial and technological growth is what ATAL NAGAR aims for.
It visualizes being a role model for every upcoming integrated city of the subcontinent.
Atal Nagar pays its designing and establishment homage to the ANVP or Atal Nagar Vikas Pradhikaran. Originally known as Capital Area development Authority (CADA), it came into existence through the hands of the Chhattisgarh government in 1973. ANVP formulizes as a special branch of the government holding development responsibilities under the Nagar Tatha Gram Nivesh Adhiniyam. It was on November 1, 2000, when ANVP’s dream project – Atal Nagar gained prominence as an upcoming metropolitan city. Spread over an area of close to 250 sq. km, Atal Nagar Vikash Pradhikaran has embraced a spaced out approach ensuring a nature friendly construction and development of this smart city project of India.
Stand Out Features Of ANVP
- Residential accommodation to 4,50,000 inhabitants.
- Dedicated zoning system for residential, commercial and industrial sectors.
- State of the art drainage system keeping Atal Nagar independent of water logging.
- Nandanvan Jungle Safari at the heart of this green field city.
- Potential lands for afforestation, and recreational purposes.
- Corporate blocks dedicated to IT growth in the region.
Distinguished Features Developed By ANVP
Working on the first smart city project of India, Atal Nagar Vikas Pradhikaran has taken some unique steps that will set this potential metropolitan a step ahead of its counterparts.
1. Smart Lighting in Atal NagarProficient engineers of the development team went with a smart lighting approach doing justice to its title of being India’s first integrated smart city. By deploying LED lighting in Atal Nagar, the government will be able to save considerable watts of electricity per month.
This saving will also ensure that Atal Nagar enjoys uninterrupted electricity supplies 24 hours a day. Moreover, such assurance will also transpire into 24 hours water supply across the length & breadth of this city.
2. Land Rehabilitation in Atal Nagar:A total of 41 villages were merged within the development parameters of Atal Nagar. However, instead of re-allocation, the government chose to incorporate these areas within the core plan. Moreover, ANVP made sure to acquire land on mutual consent and fulfilling the following criteria
- Land mostly under government ownership.
- Segments of land not suitable for mining or agriculture.
- Plots having negligible forest cover or wildlife inhabitation.
- Substantial water availability and impressive bearing capacity.
3. Urban transport project:
ANVP has developed a dedicated BRTS system goes around the city touching all the major financial and residential hubs of the metropolitan. In addition to this, a proposed railway network connecting the existing route to Mumbai is also under progress.
Atal Nagar transportation project is also looking to include dedicated cycle lanes and pedestrian pathways to encourage greener modes of transport around the city.
In addition to this, ANVP is also looking to escalate the residential capacities of Atal Nagar up to 6,00,000 inhabitants by 2031. With a plethora of projects at hand, ANVP strives to take this smart city project of India to the zenith of development.