MAJOR COMPONENTS OF Atal Nagar
Here’s what accomplishes the aim of developing Atal Nagar as a role model for other cities in India.
- Capitol ComplexOne of the major components of Atal Nagar is the Capitol Complex at Sector 19. It is a huge compound consisting of the Mantralaya and the Central Secretariat which serves as an administrative edifice of Chhattisgarh state. While its north and south blocks house state headquarters of different departments, the ceremonial axis takes straight to the Vidhan Sabha.
- The Administrative Twins – All the administrative works of Chhattisgarh will be operated in the twin establishments – New Mantralaya or State Secretariat and Offices of ‘Heads of Departments’.
- Residential Colonies-Sector 27 of this Greenfield smart city of India will house 2600 residential units on 62 Ha. of land. This township project, presently under construction, is being undertaken by Chhattisgarh Housing Board near Capitol Complex.
- Affordable Housing – Real Estate in Atal Nagar has been planned in a way so that convenient and affordable accommodation can be provided to all sectors of the society. Out of the 40 sectors in total, 21 have been allocated for residential purposes.
- Village Development Plans or VDPs – VDP has been prepared the village settlements in atal nagar which would provide the entire basic as well as upgraded infrastructure equivalent to city lifestyle. While accommodation has been given to LIG and EWS, 25% of that residential area has been reserved for above economic classes. A similar implementation has been done with expenditure ranging starting from 60 – 200 million INR for every village.
- Circular Layout - As planned by ANVP, Atal Nagar has a circular layout specifically for enabling easy, fast and convenient connectivity to the rest of the city.
- Institution Area - Among the major components of Atal Nagar, the institution area has been reserved for housing all the educational establishments of Atal Nagar. ANVP has emphasized on developing world-class educational infrastructure for the entire state of Chhattisgarh and beyond. Some of the institutions already been set up are IIIT, IIMT, HMI, IIM and ITM University, National Law University and AIIMS.
- Sports Complex – There are provisions for the development of a modern day sports complex. Located at Sector 3, the area offers world class facilities for all modern day sports from cricket to canoeing. In fact, the International Cricket Stadium with a capacity of 50,000 spectators is the 2nd largest stadium in India and 4th largest in the world.
- Gems and Jewellery Park – his is a special economic zone in Atal Nagar dedicated to nurturing the gems and jewellery sector.
- CBD in Raipur – ANVP has developed this commercial citadel for catering Business offices including government, semi-govt. and private organisations of Chhattisgarh state. It has been developed over an area of 1.03 sq. km.
- Logistics Hub – As this integrated smart city is emerging as an administrative and business bug, there will be an obvious demand for warehousing. Therefore, ANVP has planned a dedicated sector for addressing all logistics requirements.
- Software Technology Park – One of the major components of Atal Nagar is this dedicated software zone which will house the leaders of software industry.
- City ParkAtal Nagar has got its city park designed with dedicated tracks for cyclists, joggers and walkers. The area also has an extensive green cover specifically for yoga enthusiasts. Besides these, there are 120-seater restaurant, multiplex theatre, amphitheatre (1500 heads’ capacity), multi activity centre and more.
- For Ministers – According to plans, the Raj Bhawan, the State Vidhan Sabha and Residences of ministers are expected to come up in the second phase. These would be located close to Capitol Complex.